If you’re looking to create additional floor space but want to avoid the hassle of uprooting to new premises or indeed the expense of a major build project, adding a mezzanine floor is one of the quickest and most cost effective ways of creating the space you need.
Whether you’re looking to create additional retail floor space, add an office or create more storage space, Storage Systems ltd have the expertise and the experience to deliver a mezzanine floor that’s right for you.
From design through to installation we’ll take care of every step of the process, including liaison with local authorities to ensure the design meets all the necessary building and fire regulations.
If you’ve got an idea of what you want, please complete our online enquiry form and we’ll be able to give you an idea of what the likely cost will be so you can quickly determine whether a mezzanine floor would fit your budget.
If on the other hand you’re unsure of what’s possible, please give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll start to walk you through your options.
Following initial discussions, the next step is to complete a site survey during which we will identify any potential issues with regards to the design of your mezzanine floor and its successful installation.
Getting the design right
What is the proposed activity on the new mezzanine floor? This will help us determine:
- The type of floor required.
- The type of access equipment required (staircases, lifts).
- Any additional requirements such as handrails and pallet gates.
What activities will be carried out under the new mezzanine floor? This will help us determine what additional equipment we might need to install, for example:
- Lighting systems.
- Fireproofing, fire protection and smoke protection systems.
- Column guards (should fork-lifts or other plant be operating underneath the new mezzanine floor).
Getting the installation right
- What does your current floor plan look like?
- Is the current floor able to withstand the weight of the proposed mezzanine floor? (Often the selection of a larger base plate for each column can cater for floors that need the load spreading.)
- Are there any potential obstacles that we need to work around, both at ground level and at height?
Peace of mind
With Storage Systems Ltd you can be assured that your mezzanine floor will be delivered to time and to budget and without any nasty surprises.
That’s why two of the UK’s leading suppliers of Mezzanine Floors have been using us for all of their installation work in the North East of England for the last 18 years.
- Retail, Office and Warehouse Mezzanine Floors
- Single, Double and Triple Tier Mezzanine Floors
- 250,000 m2 of Mezzanine Flooring installed since 2000
We have used Storage Systems for five separate projects over the past three years.
These have included straight forward mezzanine installations used for storage right through to the creation of clean rooms with comprehensive office suites above. We operate a very busy manufacturing facility and the installations have always been carried out swiftly, with zero disruption to our operation, which is absolutely critical.
Darren goes to great lengths to understand the specific requirements of any given project and has delivered every project on time, on budget and to a very high standard!I could't recommend Storage Systems highly enough.